An accident at work can leave you with piles of medical bills and no income when you need it most. That’s why programs like workers’ compensation and Social Security disability exist. They can provide essential income when you’re injured, and long-term support when you’re facing a disability. But it can be challenging to apply for these programs, especially when you’re recovering from an injury.
At Fusco, Brandenstein & Rada, P.C., our Massapequa Park attorneys are here to stand up for you when you’re injured. With over 40 years of experience helping injured and disabled workers, we’re ready to handle your claim. From holding employers accountable to taking care of all the paperwork, we’re prepared to do everything we can to help you.
If you’ve been injured in a workplace accident, you have rights and you have options. Contact Fusco, Brandenstein & Rada, P.C. for a free consultation about your next steps. We can answer your questions, discuss how we could help, and let you know how your case could proceed.
For your free consultation, get in touch with us today. Give us a call at 516-496-0400 or reach out to us using our online form today.
Claims We Handle
In Massapequa Park, workers have access to a range of workers’ compensation and disability programs. But the programs you qualify for will depend on your workplace and your employer. Fusco, Brandenstein & Rada, P.C. is ready to help you understand your access to options after an injury, including:
- Social Security disability. Under programs like the Social Security Disability Insurance program (SSDI), you may be entitled to benefits based on your contributions to the Social Security system.
- Worker’s Compensation. Worker’s compensation exists to support workers when they’re hurt on the job. You’ll need to report the accident and complete a claim that’s supported by strong evidence.
- NYC and NYS Disability Pensions. New York government employees may qualify for these important disability programs, provided they meet program-specific requirements, such as minimum service credits.
- Group and private long-term pensions. Depending on your employer, you may qualify for benefits under these pensions. A lawyer can review your options and help you complete the paperwork necessary for them.
- Police disability. Law enforcement officers face dangerous situations every day. That’s why there are special disability pensions available for them. These could replace a percentage of your salary and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
- Veterans’ benefits. Those who serve in the military have access to important compensation options. If you’re suffering a disability because of your service, a lawyer could help you build a claim for the support you deserve.
The time after an injury can be stressful and confusing. You may be wondering whether you’ll ever be able to return to work and how you’ll pay your bills day-to-day. But Fusco, Brandenstein & Rada, P.C. is ready to help. Our team can explore your options and identify resources that could help you move forward.
What Injuries Could Qualify?
After an injury, many workers wonder if their injuries would qualify for workers’ compensation or disability. The fact is that many injuries at work may be eligible for one of these other programs. These injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Respiratory and lung injuries
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Electric shock
- Joint and soft tissue injuries
Why Choose Fusco, Brandenstein & Rada, P.C.?
When it comes to workers’ compensation and disability claims, experience matters. And at Fusco, Brandenstein & Rada, P.C., we have over 40 years of experience helping workers seek the resources and compensation they need. Our knowledgeable team has helped people throughout the area during difficult times and helped them seek the compensation they need.
We are a full-service disability law firm and we’re proud to represent injured workers who were hurt on the job. And we’re prepared to help you through every step of the process like we have for so many satisfied clients before. So after an injury in Massapequa Park, don’t wait to get the quality legal support you deserve. Get in touch today.
What to Do When You’re Injured in the Workplace
After an injury, you may be in the hospital or struggling to make sense of your next moves. At times like this, it’s important to remember that there are steps you can take to protect your claim. Some of the steps you could take include:
- Talking with a workers’ compensation and disability lawyer about your case
- Reporting your injury to your employer
- Holding on to any evidence about your accident
- Keeping any records about your injuries and any communications from work
- Gathering witness information
- Following through on your medical care
- Keeping any discussions of your accident confidential
Why Are Claims Denied in Massapequa Park?
When people apply for workers’ compensation or disability, they may assume that everything will go quickly and smoothly. But the reality is that many claims are denied. But why does this happen? Some of the leading reasons that administrators deny claims include:
- Lack of evidence. Any claim needs appropriate documentation from medical professionals. If you need to apply for workers’ compensation or disability, make sure your claim has everything it needs.
- Incomplete applications. Workers who are facing injuries may leave important details out of their application. Unfortunately, administrators won’t let this pass. They may deny your claim and prevent you from receiving the benefits you deserve.
- Conflicting information from witnesses or employers. When you’re completing an application, it’s essential to know what happened so you can provide a clear picture of your injury. Without one, administrators could deny your claim.
- Failing to cooperate. When you’re facing an injury, a claim may feel like a set of hurdles that you don’t want to deal with. But cooperation is key and could help you unlock your benefits.
Talk With a Massapequa Park Attorney Now
If you were injured in a work accident or have become disabled, and you need workers’ compensation or disability benefits, contact Fusco, Brandenstein & Rada, P.C. now. Our team of lawyers is ready to do their part and take the stress of a claim off your shoulders. And with decades of experience, we know what it takes to build a claim for the compensation you deserve.
Don’t wait to get the quality legal support you deserve. We offer a free consultation and there’s no obligation to hire us, so get in touch with us today. Call us at 516-496-0400 or reach out to us using our online form now.